Illinois Man Accused of Killing Ex Date, Hires Hitman to Kill Surviving Witness and Deputy Detective
Illinois Man Accused of Killing Ex Date, Hires Hitman to Kill Surviving Witness and Deputy Detective

Illinois Man Accused of Killing Ex Date, Hires Hitman to Kill Surviving Witness and Deputy Detective


An Illinois man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and seriously injuring a man she was dating didn’t stop there, Montgomery County officials said.

Robert J. Tarr, 49, is said to have hired a killer who survived the attack and a deputy to investigate the case.

Read More :   Stylist Micah Dickey is dead, what happened to Atlanta artist Micah Da Mac?

Tarr’s ex was killed while dating

Robert J. Tarr and Leslie J. Reeves
Robert J. Tarr and Leslie J. Reeves
Twitter

Tarr has been charged with two new counts of solicitation of homicide after an investigation by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office into the murder. During the investigation, authorities learned that Tarr had hired someone to kill the victim who survived the November incident as well as a sheriff’s deputy who was investigating the case, the sheriff’s office said in a news release published Monday.

Tarr is already facing charges of first degree murder and attempted murder. Authorities say he assaulted his ex-girlfriend Leslie J. Reeves, 45, and Christopher Smith while the two victims were at Smith’s Farmerville home on November 2021.

Reeves, Smith Received During Welfare Checks

Reeves gave women self-defense and firearms training and was on the board of a domestic violence shelter. Law enforcement officials conducted a welfare check when Smith failed to show up for Thanksgiving dinner and Reeves’ friends were unable to reach him.

“They called Montgomery County sheriff’s dispatch to check on the welfare. Authorities arrived at the home, found a crime had been committed. Officers responded and went inside and found Ms. Reeves deceased” from a gunshot wound.

Smith was shot in the head but survived and was taken to hospital. Smith was so badly injured by the gunfire that he was unable to call for help in the hours after the shooting.

Smith told KSDK in a February report that he is thankful to be alive, but is paralyzed on the left side of his body, unable to walk and struggling emotionally. The bullet is said to still be in his mind.

Tarr denies the allegations but the evidence contradicts his claims

Denying wrongdoing, Tarr said he had been at his home since Nov. 24. However, evidence proved Tarr’s account false, authorities said.

“Officers interviewed other individuals who indicated that Mr. Tarr had left the home and returned early on the morning of the 25th and appeared upset and distressed,” Montgomery County State’s Attorney Andrew Affruntialti alleged during the hearing. Bonds for previous murders. case.

“Officers were also able to locate Mr. Tarr’s vehicle at his residence, a Volkswagen Jetta, was seen on license plate readers leaving the area overnight and then returning to the area at approximately 12:08 a.m.— It matches the time too. The car has just been washed and the floor is still wet,” Afrunti added.

Source : www.ibtimes.sg