BantenDay.co.id – Video size reduction, also known as compression, can be done in different methods. One thing is for sure, we need to know how how to compress video according to the desired size. The method in question is by using an app or without an additional app. Whether you’re doing it on an Android device or a laptop or PC.
The development of digital technology with the use of cameras that have high resolution naturally produces clear, crisp and detailed video quality. With this quality, of course, the required capacity is also increasing. If it’s used for personal collections, it might not be too much of a problem, but if it’s shared across multiple social networks or online messaging apps, it definitely becomes a problem.
As a video owner, the time required to upload a large capacity video is definitely longer. The Internet quota connection or network required is also increasing. This means that the quota required to upload large MB videos may take longer and consume quota.
As for the recipient of the video or someone who wants to download the shared video, they also experience the same. That’s why many want to find an alternative how to compress a video so that it has a smaller size, of course it does not reduce the quality of the video.
How to compress videos on a laptop?
One way to reduce the video size can be done on a laptop as mentioned above. With one of these PC devices, you can use applications, or better known as software. Another way can also be done without additional software or programs, of course using a website or a website.
1. How to compress videos on a laptop without an app
Okay, let’s first discuss how to reduce the video capacity of a laptop without additional applications. As mentioned above, you should use a site that offers a compressed video service. One of them can use videosmaller.com, for more details, please follow the steps below!
- Open your browser on your computer or laptop, then go to https://www.videosmaller.com.
- Click on the text “sail‘ in the yellow column to upload the video file you want to compress.
- Adjust the offered menu to your needs.
- Select the output video scale.
- Check the section ‘Remove audio from video‘ if you want to remove audio from the compressed video. You can leave it at default if you still want to use sound.
- Click on ‘upload the video‘ and wait for the process to finish.
- If the download and compression process is complete, click “link for the download file‘ to save to hard disk.
2. Reduce video size with PC Video Compress application
While shrinking a video without an app requires you to be connected to an internet connection, it is different from using a video compression app for PC. You don’t need an internet network to do this.
This is because the app or program in question is already installed on your PC device. So it will be very useful if at any time you don’t have internet connection on the concerned device. One of the apps in question is HandBrake, please download it and then follow the usage instructions below!
- Open the HandBrake software or app that was installed earlier.
- Select the menu ‘file” then continue by clicking “open‘ to select the video to compress.
- Set and adjust the video results later in the menu “video‘ in the application.
- You can set where the results will be saved in the menu ‘Destination‘.
- If you are sure that the settings are correct, click “Start coding‘.
- Wait for the process to finish until you see “Tail finished‘.
The fastest online video compression from HP
Mobile devices are one that is always with us, if you want to compress the fastest online video, you can use a mobile phone, be it Android or iPhone. Similar to laptop devices, you can reduce video size on Android without an app and with an app, as well as on an iPhone device.
1. Compress videos on Android online without apps
To reduce video size on Android without an app, you can use the help of youcompress.com. In our opinion, the services offered by the site are quite good with a simple layout. In addition to Android, the site can also be used for iPhone devices. Here’s a step-by-step guide so you don’t get confused!
- Open the browser app on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Visit https://www.youcompress.com.
- Tap the text “select the file‘.
- Select the video you want to compress.
- The press ‘upload the file and zip‘ and wait for the minification process to complete.
- Download the compressed file earlier.
2. Reduce video size on iPhone and Android
The last method as a way to compress videos on iPhone and Android is to use additional applications. Actually, there are many apps in question, but we recommend VidCompress because it can be used on both Android and iPhone.
- Open the Playstore (Android users) and AppStore (iPhone users) app.
- Type VidCompress in the search field.
- Click “install” and wait for the installation process to complete.
- Open the VidCompress application that was installed earlier.
- Select the menu ‘compress‘.
- Find the video to compress.
- Click on ‘K‘ for the reduction process.
- Finally, the icon tab ‘Unload‘ and the results are automatically saved in the gallery.
There are so many ways to compress videos that can be done, whether it’s a smartphone or a computer. You don’t need to be confused about which method to use, just adjust it to your needs at the time. Since all the methods used give almost the same results, only the steps are different.